The project focuses on the field of e-health and in particular on:
- health-oriented technologies for active ageing
- digital tools for prevention care in the sectors of nutrition and dietetics
The knowledge transfer involves two action phases:
Phase 1: Enhancing scientific excellence
This phase aims at strengthening and stimulating scientific excellence of the Maria Curie-Skłodowska University through the following activities:
- Academic symposiums to define common research agendas and a plan for the systematic transfer of knowledge and innovation in the project’s key areas.
- Mutual transnational staff exchanges to guarantee the transfer process. Polish senior researchers will first work alongside their colleagues at KU Leuven and University of Macerata to gain deeper insight into their particular research area (job shadowing). Subsequently, senior researchers from these leading institutions will go to the Maria Curie-Skłodowska University to assist their Polish colleagues in consolidating knowledge acquired during job shadowing.
- REINITIALISE will, furthermore, give Polish Early Stage Researchers the opportunity to have a significant mobility experience at KU Leuven and at the University of Macerata thanks to a research fellowship.
Phase 2: Transfer of research to the market and society
The second action phase will strengthen and stimulate innovation capacity of the Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, with the aim of transferring research results towards the market and public services. The aim is to strengthen cooperation between researchers and business and public service representatives, to promote entrepreneurship, and to improve the ability of translating research into concrete products and services. This is achieved through:
- Showcase events to show successful Belgian and Italian cooperation experiences of partnerships between academia and socio-economic actors.
- A Winter school on innovation in Lublin, which will provide Polish researchers and local stakeholders with knowledge and soft skills, useful for collaborating in an innovation ecosystem.
- A Venture Lab involving all the relevant actors in jointly designing and implementing concrete experiences of collaboration in the field of e-health.